Why Buy Goodyear Tires?
For well over 100 years, Goodyear has had a reputation for quality in design, workmanship, and engineering. Founded in 1898, Goodyear has had an astonishing string of innovations and was first-to-market with so many new products and ideas:
- 1904: first-ever detachable tire
- 1908: tires for the first mass-produced car, the Ford Model T
- 1909: first-ever pneumatic tires for aircraft
- 1921: the introduction of “Rut-Proof,” the first-ever off-road tire
- 1934: the introduction of Lifeguard, the first tire to provide enhanced stability in case of a blowout
- 1965: tires for the world land speed record vehicle (over 600 mph)
- 1971: tires for the Lunar Rover
- 1985: first-ever radial tires for aircraft
- 1993: the introduction of Aquatred, the first tire designed specifically for wet weather conditions
It’s this sort of cutting-edge technology and quality that has made Goodyear tires the first choice for police vehicles, ambulances, and military vehicles.
Goodyear Tire Selection
Goodyear, of course, makes tires for aircraft, industrial equipment, tractors and ag equipment and all sorts of other specialized applications. For drivers, however, there’s a staggering selection of tires available from Goodyear, including all-season tires, winter tires, all-terrain tires for light trucks, sport performance tires, fuel-efficient low-rolling-resistance tires and much more. They’re available in a wide variety of sizes for various applications and fitments, regardless of whether you’re driving a sedan, sports coupe, minivan, SUV, crossover or light truck.
At Kirkwood Auto Center, you can choose from tires such as:
- Assurance TripleTred All-Season, a great pick for all-around use on a range of vehicles
- Assurance TripleTred Touring, a forgiving tire for sedans
- Ultra Grip Ice WRT, for sedans, minivans/SUVs, crossovers, light trucks
- Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar, designed to resist punctures and tears for tough off-road use